Monday, March 9, 2009

Front Porch Reflections

When we started signing the contract yesterday I decided to make a date with my front porch. I think the front porch is one of my favorite places in the house. I know I am going to miss it terribly. Our rental does not have a porch. I have spent quite a few mornings sitting and enjoying our street. I have had numerous conversations with God out there. When Adam gave me a single person rope swing I loved going out sitting and swinging. That is when I started really liking our porch.

I spent a summer painting the trim white. Nothing like being 3 months pregnant standing on a ladder and painting above your head.

This is the wind chimes I gave to Adam.

When Naomi came I sat outside keeping my parents company while they landscaped. Naomi also loves the porch. last summer and fall we would sit in our rope swing and wait for daddy to come home.

And now we have a wooden porch swing. Right after we got it we had some very rainy days, I just sat outside and listened while Naomi napped. Now she likes to crawl a round and talk to anyone/thing that passes by.

I could keep going, but time has gotten away from me. I am planing on spending every morning I can out there until we move.

This is the tree that I look a a lot! I love it. It is huge!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Kelly! That is so sweet. I feel bad that I never take advantage of our porch. Perhaps I will ask for a swing for my birthday this summer and we can then carry on the tradition for you. Hopefully soon you will have a front porch as lovely as this one again!

Kelly said...

I highly recommend it! Front porch sitting is great!