"Rain, rain,
go away
come again some other day!"
go away
come again some other day!"
This pretty much sums up how I feel. I am not the only one either.
It has been raining since last week. I have lost track of how many cloudy or rainy days there have been. Our house is surrounded by water.
The swamp formally known as our backyard
the pond
The river running down our street
I am it does not help that I was up half the night and the sleep I did get was poor. So I am tired and I have cabin fever. The depressing part is that it is supposed to KEEP RAINING! Until Monday! There is a silver lining though. I get to go to Wichita and see a close friend. We are picking out bridesmaid dresses! Yippee! We will also be visiting our old church for a BBQ!
Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Psalm 103:1
So though i am some what of a Gloomy Gus today, I know my father is worth praising. I have so much to look forward to. Not just things of this world, but to the assurance Heaven.
1 comment:
Your street in Independence looks similar to your street in Halstead -- you know, with all of the water. I'll NEVER forget that night we were all at your house and we all had to take our shoes off and wade to our cars. That was funny! I understand what you're saying, though. This rain and gloominess is starting to get depressing. It'll be sunny again someday!!!! Take care.
Post a Comment