Sunday, July 26, 2009

A little rant to make me feel better

The tension is growing in our household. Adam and I have had many discussions over the dinner table. I think we do our best thinking at the table with cookie in hand. (Yummy Oatmeal Scotchies). We have hit the ground running this time. On Friday we did receive confirmation that Adam did make "the cut" into Midwest Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City. Classes start August 24. there is also a new student orientation and enrollment on August 21. So guess who gets to find a place to live, pack up our house, hunt down people to help load and unload the truck, Oh I guess we need to rent a truck, unpack the mountain of boxes, figure out how we are going to get 4 vehicles to KC, transfer utilities, all while chasing a toddler, trying to stay organized, cook and clean , be in a wedding, and everything else I do (What else do I do anyway)?

OH! OH! Pick ME! Pick ME! (And Adam I supose)

Was that sarcastic enough?

I am looking forward to this adventure. Although I have already been in tears about the unknowns. It is CRAZY. We have our basic plan..then we have plan B, C, D, E,and so on. There are sub plans so is such-n-such does not work we do this but is this happens then we do that...AGGGHHHH. My husband "the planner" is going to drive me batty with all of it.


I guess i don't mind the planning. I suppose I prefer it that way but the annoying thing is that there are so many unknowns.


I know God will take car of us. He has so far. We are amazed at the provision so far. And we are in awe of how He is guiding us. It really is amazing. to see him at work. The sermon last week was about being faithful toyour call and reaching forward. the verse the pastor hit on was Philipians 3:13-14.
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
I was quite encouraged. The pastor even mentioned us in the sermon. (how humbling) He talked about how even though we were only at the church a short time we encouraged him and some others of how to follow God's will with excitement. Meanwhile, today I sit here and I just want to say... "Why now? We are just getting settled in. This move is quite frustrating for me already and it seems we have just began.

However I am going to take tonights sermon to heart (I hope)... I was about when we truly praise God with your heart it effects our entire life. IT changes our perseption, it changes emotion it change our out look. Here the key verse for me was Philippians 4:4-9

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.


I may just do what the pastor did and print it on a card to carry with me. So please pray for us. This is gong to be a fast and furious ride. Please pray for my attitude. But I think Naomi will need some prayers for her transition to the new house (that we have yet to find). She is quite the trooper She is already helping mom and dad pack. Although I think she has started feeding off the tension as well. Thank you for letting me vent...

I feel better now!

No comments: