Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Adoption updates


We got a call today from our case worker. I am glad Adam answered it because I would have ended up crying or something. It was not bad news. I was just in one of "those moods" and I was rather annoyed by the end of the conversation.

First she wanted to update our address (and nothing else in our file). They had mailed out something and it had come back to them. So she actually had to call us to check on us!

Anyway the second was that there will be a change in policies starting next year.

Policy number one: New families it want to adopt will be charged (are you ready for this?) $675. She said this is to cover background checks and "start up" fees.

Policy number two: Starting in January 2010 we will be charged $250 each year we want to remain an adopt only home. This fee is not applied to foster families. (Hmmm I think they are really trying to get people to do foster care.)

Also, we will be getting a new caseworker starting in September.

Like I said not bad news. Just kind of annoying. Oh and for those keeping track... we have been in the system for almost 2 years now.

No comments: