I went out on a limb. I decided to try my own original cookie recipe. Adam requested cookies. And because we are a bit low on just about everything I had to make it up. I used one of my favorites as a base dough (tweaked a little) and then added a few other things.
So here is the finished result:
Clean up cookies (because I was cleaning out the kitchen)
These are an oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chip cookie that is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. And they are wonderful (not to brag, too much!)
2/3cup Butter or Shorting (I used 1/2cup butter and the rest shorting)
1cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar (not packed)
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 1/4 cup Flour
1/2 cup Oatmeal (quick oats)
1/2 cup Coconut
1 cup Chocolate Chips (you could add more all I had was a cup)
(I am sure you could add some nuts to this to...but I did not mostly because I don't like nuts)
I could tell you to dirty two separate bowls and sift the dry stuff but that is not how I usually bake.
So instead preheat the oven to 350. Then cream the butter/shorting, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Add the vanilla, soda and salt. Mix in the flour and oatmeal. By hand (if you want) stir in the coconut and chips. Drop cookies on to lightly greased cookie sheet (unless you have the spiffy silicone sheets). Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes or untill golden brown.
Eat and enjoy!
Makes around 4 dozen, I think
No comments:
Post a Comment