Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Slippery Slope

My little girl continues to grow up.  I am daily amazed at the things she learns.  She "picks up" at least a word a day.  She is learning parts of the body and animal sounds.  She can now say the cat's and dog's names.   But "puppy" and "baby" are her favorite words right now.

Her latest major accomplishment has been the slide.  She has always enjoyed the slide.  While in Independence, Adam would climb to the top and I would catch her at the bottom.  The other day we went to a near by park.

(I am pretty sure you can't throw a stone without it landing in a park.  They are all over! It is great!)

Naomi took her usual warm up and observing time. (Usually about 5-30 minutes) This particular day she "warmed up" while sitting in a dinosaur.



Then she took off for the stairs. (This is something she usually does.)






But before I could get to the slide to help her...

This happened




By the bottom she was on her belly.  She got up smiling and laughing.
Then she took off for the stairs again and again and again.






She took one short break to check out the rest of the play structure.
She then decided the slide was the most fun.




Then she was back at it.  By the time we left she had mastered it. 




She made it all the way to the bottom sitting.  I have been told by the nursery a church that the slide is her favorite.  Then some friends watched Naomi for us and they went to the park.  They were amazed at how well she went down the slide. She is getting so big!

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a little doll!

I love the one of her looking through the bars.