Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yummy (Heart Atack)

We have been doing some cooking.  Adam has had a fascination with a thing called...
The BACON EXPLOSION!!!!!
(Insert echo here)

(link here)


He has finally been able to create this monstrosity!



First weave 1 lb of bacon...



Then spread 2 lb of sausage on top of the bacon weave and crumble another lb of cooked bacon on that (also sprinkle some rub on it and pour on the BBQ sauce.)






Roll up the sausage....and the wrap the weave around the sausage roll





Now, you are supposed to smoke it.  But our grill would not work (it was too cold) so Adam was forced to bake it in the oven. (375 for 1 hour/internal temp of 165)


Then pour on more BBQ sauce...


(Look at how Giddy he was!) 

And now the finished product...

 

(Now I am sure I let out a few things... For the original recipe check out the link at the beginning.  If you want Adam's slightly altered version...email me.)

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

It's funny because Marc made that back in October for the "Guys' All Fried Night" in Sunday School (actually, they did it on a Monday night). Thanks to Adam for putting this whole thing in Marc's mind and now, a whole lot of other guys. That's funny that Adam's been obsessed with it :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Holy cow. That's crazy!!

And I looooove pork, so I think I'd really like it.