Monday, June 14, 2010

cake!

Time to show off another cake.  I know there has been a bit of a lul lately.  I honestly do not have any cakes on my schedule either.  There are two possibilities but I have not other details than I am being considered. 

Any way.  I got to make an adult cake.  It was very exciting!  I semi-cheated and I doctored up a box mix. So It became a yellow hazelnut. cake.  Luckily I had talked about the cake with my friend. You see, I was in Texas the week before and we did not have time to confirm what she wanted.  Thankfully I had been paying attention to our conversations.  I found out when I delivered the cake that she had texted me the previous night and told me to to worry about the cake.  I do not receive texts,  at all, they are blocked from my phone somehow.  I glad I never got it because I was able to bless her with a cake (and the cake was already baked and pre-iced).

From our conversations she wanted back and white with red accents roses if possible.  So that is what I created. 


 It had a layer of Chocolate hazelnut butter cream in the middle.  The roses were red velvet. it was yummy!  I could have been a bit more inventive on the black scroll work.  But I think simple is good in this case.
 

1 comment:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Nice job, Kelly :) You have a great talent there....I bet that tasted yummy!