Friday, December 17, 2010

baking time!

I love it that Naomi loves to help me bake.  Any time the mixer moves she is right there.  She has helped me with just about every baking project I have made in the last 2ish years. 

She likes to count how many cups/spoons go in to the mixer (one...two...three...four...seven...eleven...) (We are still working on the order).


We identify every thing that goes in.  She now names many things with out help.

I think her favorite part is that she gets to taste.


Once winter hits I turn in to a baking machine.  I think it is because the oven helps give the house a boost of warmth.  Also it feels comforting to smell fresh baked goods. 

Last week I had a hankering to bake...I was feeling a bit under the weather so I had to let the desire pass.  although I guess Naomi had the same desire.  She told her daddy that she wanted to make cookies.  Like mother like daughter.  The next day I was feeling better so we made some cookies.

I love my little helper!

No comments: