Monday, August 8, 2011

Recipe: Cucumber Salsa

It is garden time. The time when peoples gardens start producing (hopefully) an abundance of veggies and such.  So much that they start trying to give away produce tho those who do not have a garden.  Well, some of Adam's Coworkers gave us a bunch of cucumbers. Besides adding them to or making a salad from them, or pickling them I had no idea what to do with cucumbers.  So we started a search.  We did find that grilling them after letting them sit in olive oil and spices was not too bad.

Then we came across this recipe for Cucumber Salsa.  Now, I was a bit nervous when it comes to homemade salsa.  I had a bad experience with some when I was expecting Naomi.  But I decided to get over it and try it!  It was really good.  We took it to our church potluck and it went over pretty well. 

So here is my recipe for Cucumber Salsa


2 large cucumbers (large chunks)
1/4cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 pkg Fiesta Ranch dry mix(Hidden Valley)
1 can of Rotel (you chose your spiciness level)
2 large tomatoes (I used 3 medium)

Throw it all in your blender and puree until mixed and chunkiness level you like. 

When you first make it it is pretty spicy. But once you let it sit in the fridge over night the spiciness does mellow.

No comments: