Thursday, January 5, 2012

Flowers in winter

Considering that my anniversary is on Sunday some might think that my wonderful husband gave me an early gift...


It is a single yellow flower, in a cut glass bowl.    



Want to see it?

Here is is...


Ok, it is not from Adam.  It is from Naomi.  Beautiful isn't it!

Blessing #8 Treasure Bowl

I got the idea long before I was blessed with Naomi.  An older woman in the church told me about her treasure bowl. Those of us with kids and those who remember being a kid know that when a treasure like a flower or a pebble are found you take it to mom or dad. So many times it is discarded for the several reasons, that there is not a long enough (or any) stem for many of the flowers that are picked by children and where do you put a pebble?  This is where the treasure bowl comes in. fill it with water and the flower will just float around.  There was one time this last summer when the bowl was full of floating flowers from my little girl.  I display mine on the dinning room table so that we can all enjoy the flowers.

Naomi has not gotten in to finding rocks or pebbles yet but I am sure they will look great in the bowl.


Mine treasure bowl is a candy bowl given to me at our wedding. It had been sitting unused and I was on the verge of getting rid of it when my friend gave me this idea.  Then I had to keep it for my kids some day!  Boy am I glad I did!  It is a great reminder of my little blessing(s).

Another blessing from to day? (blessing #9) Just that fact that Naomi found a flower in January!  It was in the mid 60s today! We all went outside the only one with a coat was me and that was because i am still fighting a cold!

No comments: