Saturday, February 21, 2009

News x2

Well we went to Independence on Friday to look at rentals. As we drove up to the first one we liked the look of it. It is a decent sized 3 bedroom 1.5 bath. LARGE living room and a lot of cabinet space in the kitchen. It was the most pricey of the houses we saw. It was the only one that did not smell, was trashed, looked to be falling down, etc... It also has a HUGE fenced back yard for Rubia and eventually the kid(s). (I'll get to that later). We are quite excited! It is also about 4-6 blocks from the park. It looks to be a great place.

Now when we got home I checked my email and low and behold our caseworker finally sent me an email. It is as follows:

"I wanted to let you know that the Best Interest Staffing for Amara has been scheduled for Tuesday, March 3. I will either know later that day or the next day on which family is selected for her."

So I am pray for those involved in this staffing. We would love to take this little girl home, but we ultimately want her to go to the best home for her. We are one of five families being considered for her. So they have a lot to talk about and they need a lot of wisdom.

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Kelly and Adam -- This little girl is in our prayers. We too pray that she does ultimately get placed with the best family for her. However, we too would love to see her with you guys. We know God has the best plan in mind for her.

Sarah said...

Wow! Your life isn't boring at all, is it?!? We'll be sure to pray for her & you too!