Friday, March 20, 2009

Trust and blankets

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

We are heading back to the Doctors today for some more blood work. The Nurse called me and said some of the levels are elevated. One of them having to do with her liver. He thought it best to run the tests again just to check. So we will be heading back over to Newton after Naomi wakes up from her morning nap. I am getting a little nervous about the whole situation.
I am sure my over active imagination is getting the best of me. I have always been able to envision the worse case situation and then I fixate on it. I have really had to battle it lately. The verse above has helped me a lot. I have to focus on the verse rather than the made up scenario. Please pray for me and Naomi.

I can't help but think of Cora and her parents. Their story was on the news last night. The reporters did a beautiful job. I cried. I was amazed at the strength that I saw. God sure has been spreading their story. It is wonderful to hear the name of Jesus on the news.

On to other news I received and email from a friend. She had been working on a blanket for Amara (Marie). We had decided that if we did not get her that we would donate it to Project Linus in her honor. I am still deeply touched by my friends gift. Even though Marie will not be able to enjoy the blanket, another child will get a blanket. Being a blanket baby (and adult) I can understand the importance of a blanket in a child's life. I love to see Naomi snuggle her blanket at night, it brings me comfort. Many times I wish I could crawl in to the crib with her. Here is the beautiful blanket that will bless a child...

Thanks Elise!

No comments: