Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cake final

A few weeks back I mentioned I was taking a cake decorating class. It was a lot of fun! This week was our final week. And our final was to bring a cake pre-iced and decorate it.So here is my final product!


It was a one of a kind. The other two students went with a traditional white iced cake. They looked great too. I had meant to take my camera but in the rush I forgot it.

I was inspired by the story of Daniel. We have been reading about Daniel in the lions den. My daughter likes to "Rarrrr" like a lion. And the yellow coloring I bought turned out more orange than yellow. I thought it would be fun!

I had some leftover chocolate icing so I made this to show (off for) my husband.


Yes it is on a saltine. Classy huh?

How could I forget a picture of my daughter? Someone got caught wit their arm in the cookie jar (or puffs container whichever).


I really enjoyed this class. It was very laid back and we had a good time chatting. Now I have to decide if I want to take the second class. Good thing we will hear about the layoffs before it starts. That is a pretty big factor on what to do next. I am leaning on this promise:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Very impressive, Kelly! I think you should take another class, depending on layoffs, of course. We'll keep praying for that one.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the compliment and for the prayers. we will be praying too!