So why the tirade? More layoffs to come at Cessna. The stress we have been under has not been fun. Every month they keep having to layoff people. This round is still leftovers from last month. I guess they like to drag things out. Adam came home and informed me that his chances are not looking good. They are going to layoff 40% of his department. Also there are two of his position, The other guy has experience with the plane they are moving so he has the"immunity idol" (according to Adam) for this round. So things are looking pretty grim. If you are a praying person please pray for us. Adam is not taking the aspect well. He has started looking for jobs and has started signing up on job search sites. We will be finding out around June 8, and if you get notice, you will be escorted out that day.
Kind of scary. Honestly we had been resting on the fact the we were pretty safe. They are moving the Bend, Oregon plant here. They paid to move us here for Pete's sake. I know God is with us. I am not sure what is going to happen but I know I can rest in His understanding for "Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite," Psalm 147:5, and a our header states we will "remember the Lord." So as we wait to see if we are entering yet a new season of transition for our family. We covet your prayers.
Now for an awesome picture of my daughter! Have I mentioned I love my camera?
2 comments:
Oh Kelly -- I know how this whole Cessna thing stinks. We have been and will continue to pray about layoffs. Not only does Marc and Adam work for Cessna, but we have other friends that do as well. But, like you said -- God is good. He'll have it all worked out for all of us. BTW, your camera does seem pretty cool, and I could definitely tell the clarity from your last blog post. You do take some great photos of Naomi!!!!!!
Oh...not fun. We'll be praying for Adam's job outlook. So scary. We've been there...and God provided. TOUGH waiting though.
Post a Comment