Before I post more pictures from my birthday here are some Lake facts I found
- The prominent feature of the landscape is the precipitous limestone bluff known as Table Mound. (We did not see this. I guess we will have to go back.
- The scenic Elk River Hiking Trail comprises fifteen miles from the west edge of the dam to the bridge on Elk River. (Something try some day! Note to self start training now.)
- Two of the six hiking trails located at Elk City Reservoir are noted for being the first trails in the state of Kansas to receive the National Trails designation.
Once we got back from our little hike we decided to have out picnic at the overlook shelter. It was wonderful. Although by the end of our picnic we had chased off 5 people. We had people drive up, park get out of their car then after 5minutes at most they would get back in the car and leave. We felt kind of bad but oh well.
Also guess who got her first skinned knee? Yep! She did not even cry she just whimpered and put her hand on her knee. then 20 minutes later she got her second and scratched up the first a bit more.
2 comments:
Happy belated Mother's Day, Kelly. Those were good family photos. I will keep you posted if I come up with any good tips about teaching a little child about "tipping up the sippy cup." You do the same for me if you come up with any brilliant ideas.
Also, our small group ladies are in the very beginning process of putting together a cookbook of recipes from all of us. We'll want to get some recipes from you as well, if you're willing to share :) So, when we get a few more plans made, I'll contact you for some. And, of course, you'll get a copy of the cookbook since you guys are still part of the group, at least in an honorary sense :)
Post a Comment