Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recipe time: Monster cookies

So I am going to try this whole recipe thing. Last week I mixed up a HUGE batch of cookies. They are one of Adam's favorites. Although I did reduce the recipe by half (I have also reduced to 1/4) And it still worked. So feel free to do so. The hazard of this recipe is the baking. It can take quite a bit of time if you are not careful. I made my cookies pretty big (Slightly larger than golf balls) so I could only fit 6 on a cookie sheet. I baked cookies for about 2 hours. It felt like it took FOREVER! So adjust size accordingly. So any way Ill stop jabbering on and I will get to the good stuff.


Monster Cookies

12 Eggs
1 lb Butter
2 c. Brown Sugar
4 c. Sugar
1 Tbl. Corn Syrup
3 lb Peanut Butter
5 tsp. Baking Soda
1 lb M&Ms (Yumm)
1 lb Chocolate chips
18 c. Quick oats

( I did mention this was a large recipe right?)

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream Eggs, butter, peanut butter, sugars, and syrup. Add the baking soda and quick oats. Mix (by hand if possible) M&Ms and chocolate chips. Press by fist fulls (I have not ever made them this big) on to cookie sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes. Note: They may look over cooked but they will still be soft in the middle .


Enjoy!

PS These are totally healthy for you. Anything made with oatmeal is healthy. Right?

1 comment:

Mike C. said...

I recognize those! Really enjoyed reading your blog posts, Kelly.