Monday, July 20, 2009

My town!

We are quite blessed to be in this town. One thing we have discovered was the Tuesday night band concert in the park. (Seriously the park has just about everything. We are going to miss it very much.)

Anyway...

Back to the band. Our Realtor told us about the concerts while we were driving around. I told myself to remember that we should go this summer. Of course, I forgot it, and was reminded one night while we were taking a family walk. I then hunted down a time. Next week we are going to go.

Naomi was not feeling up to it. The concert starts at 8:00pm, which is bed time.


Once we were finaly able to get everything together we went. It was wonderful. We took a blanket and sat on the grass. Naomi loved every minute. Amazingly she either sat and watched or got up to dance. She loved the swing set they played. She even joins in with the aplause!

We have now been twice. and we are planning on going until it ends or we move. It is so nice to get out of the house in the evening and enjoy some music. I of course took my camera and played. I even let Adam play with the camera. (How else am I going to get in to any of the pictures?)
It is the community band that plays. And each of the members who have conducting experience switch out each week. So the selections are very diverse. We have heard every thing fome marches, to hymns, to Disney, to swing, I could go on.
It is good to praise the LORD
and make music to your name, O Most High,
to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD;
I sing for joy at the works of your hands
Psalm 92:1-4

No comments: