Thursday, July 2, 2009

Recipe: Fried rice

We love fried rice in our family. Many times I just make a large amount and that is all we eat for supper. (It has most of the major food groups!) Or you could just have it for a side dish.


  • 1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil or vegetable oil
  • 1 cup cold cooked rice (We use brown but any kind works)
  • 1 large chicken breast diced (precooked if desired)
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • Dash pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 Frozen veggies- whatever kind you like.

Rice note:
I usually precook my rice earlier in the day (Or it can be leftovers from a previous meal.) I like to cook my rice with chicken bullion/broth. It gives it a little more flavor. Also I have found that a cup is good for a meal for the two and a half of us.

Chicken note:
I cook mine while I am cooking the meal but you can also precook it or use leftovers.


In a skillet, cook and stir eggs over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove and set aside.

In same skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken, garlic powder, ginger, pepper, (use 1/2teaspoon of soy at this time if desired). Add frozen veggies until heated through. Stir in soy sauce and reserved eggs. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments: