Many are telling their stories from 8 years ago. Here is mine...
I was a freshman at Kansas State, I awoke to the typical Tuesday routine. Drag myself out of bed for my 8:05 Communications class. I had been up late studying for the test in that class. After grabbing a quick breakfast I headed to class. When I got there I was reading over my notes one last time. I overhear some students mention a plane crash but I just brush it off and continue to look over my notes. Class begins, the professor says we will not continue class after the test (weird).
So I take the test and start my walk home to Smurthwaite. Here I find the TV on, blaring. Then I notice that half of the house is watching. I walked over to see and there I stayed. I stared in disbelief!
The Smurthwaite bible study pulled together and had an intense prayer meeting. My 11:30 class was canceled. My 1:30 was not. I made it to class somehow and listened to the GTA go on and on about political unrest and a whole bunch of conspiracy theories. Finaly he let us out.
That night I went to a prayer service at church. I talked with family and friends a lot that day.
On Friday a friend and I ran away. We first went to the state fair. Which turned in to a trip home to see my parents.
The passage that I focused on during this time was Psalm 40.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.Psalm 40:2-4
No comments:
Post a Comment