Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The rest of our trip...

Wewent to the clif dwelling museum.  Naomi had a ball. she crawled all over the dwellings.  She charmed many people and many made remarks on her hat.  If you notice in the pictures she has a gray cat with her. This is "Kitty."  Kitty is her traveling buddy.  Over the course of her life Kitty has traveled many places with her.  Although none so extensive as this trip. Kitty went every where and did everything. She even went potty a few of times. 




























I love the picture where she is showing kitty the tepee.  Although I think Kitty was in time out before she got to look inside.





Then we drove through Garden of the Gods (Naomi was napping)

We also went to the Air Force Academy so Adam could see the chapel.  He was impressed.


On the way home we took a side trip.  Adam had never been to Castle Rock.  Once we found it we ended up off roadin' in my minivan.  we also had to do some muddin.'  The roads had been washed out and  were nothing but mud because of the recent rain they had been getting.   We had  a picnic lunch and then headed home. 


We had a great time. It was really a blessing to get away for a little bit.

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

I'm glad Naomi has "Kitty..." Luke has a blanket that also goes everywhere :) So, we understand that completely in this house. I too really thought the Air Force Academy chapel was impressive -- we were there 3 years ago this summer. And, I've never been to Castle Rock, though I always said I would sometime when I was in Quinter, KS, for my ol' DQ job. I'm assuming you did see that DQ in Quinter :)

Kelly said...

yes we did see the DQ. I have even eaten there, but it was Many years a go.