Now that we are in a small town that is about 45 minutes from anywhere we are lacking a TV signal. Especially now that everything is digital. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the fuzzy signal just so that I can watch something. But it is a good exercise in using our creative juices to entertain ourselves and Naomi each evening. We went through a phase were we watched a lot of movies. But now we are doing a better job of branching out. I think that has to do with the fact that we can go outside.
Now to the good part. One of Adam's favorite games is Carcassonne. Adam and I typically play while we are waiting for Naomi to finish eating (she is a super slow eater). However, one night she saw us get the game out and she scarfed down the rest of the food. So we decided to let her play. While the strategy part was a bit above her she enjoyed playing with the "little men," counting points, naming colors, and identifying what was on the cards.
She ended up "wining" the game. Mostly because she had both mommy and daddy helping her. And we did not want to ruin any of her "strategies."
Hopefully for her birthday we will be getting some more child friendly games for her.
2 comments:
Might I recommend:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41010/the-kids-of-carcassonne
Thanks Drew. I will be sure to tell Adam.
Post a Comment