Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A girl and her blanket

So I had to wash Naomi's blanket. I am one of those moms who lets my baby sleep with a blanket. She has slept with one since the hospital. I know with SIDS I should not have, (Thank you Lord for protecting my baby.) but she always got cold. We had to swaddle her in at least 2 blankets. As I prayed over her at night I would take it out once it got warmer. Now she likes to be tucked in with the blanket. Her blanket is amazing. It is one of the ones that is silky on one side and fuzzy on the other. Honestly, there are many nights I want to crawl in to the crib with her and cuddle her and the blanket.

We usually leave the blanket in bed. However, Naomi always gets excited when her blanket comes out of the bed. Yesterday i washed the blanket. She found it while I was folding the laundry. He carried around trying to wrap herself up in it! It was so cute.



I am reminded of how God is our Comforter. He promises to comfort those who cry out to him. He will give a wisdom and understanding not of this Earth. He does not promise to take the pain away, but He will comfort you in his pain.

"May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant."
Psalm 119:76

"Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4

"O my Comforter in sorrow,
my heart is faint within me."
Jeremiah 8:18

I find it remarkable how God works. He is constantly with his children. He wants to give us the desires of our hearts. He loves us so much more than we can fathom. He takes great delight in us. I could keep going on and on!

Adam and I tease each other about being blanket babies. To look around our house it is easy to see. (I can see 3 just from where I am sitting.) As much comfort these blankets give us, God provides so much more. Let God become your blanket!

I love this expression.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are a family of blankie lovers too. All three of my girls have them and have since infancy. She is precious!

{krista} said...

I am a blanket lover myself. She is beautiful. Great expressions.

Alice said...

what a beautiful little girl! i love how she carries her blanket around. and the scripture you used is perfect!

Mominin said...

She is beautiful. We love blankets, too. Thanks for this post.

Unknown said...

she is beautiful...love that all over the face smile!!!