Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My uncle's (crazy) wedding

We privilege of attending my uncle's wedding this last weekend. My uncle and his bride are well, a bit unique. For my uncle it is his second marriage. His youngest child is 18. My new aunt has never been married. The ceremony was very elegant and I wish them the best.



Now to explain the crazy part...

We arrived at the specified time for family pictures (2:30). No pictures were taken at this time. We arrived before the bride and groom (they were supposed to have been there for at least an hour). I had good time talking with various family members and taking laps on the stairs. Naomi figured out how to climb stairs (and later anything).


Once the bride and groom arrived they rushed through a semi-rehearsal (probably why they seemed lost during the ceremony).

While I was visiting with my uncle he was expressing his gratitude for us coming to the wedding. then he says..."We are just making things official." AGHHHH! TMI! I really did not need to know this!

I truly enjoyed the quartet playing 'Danny Boy" for the unity candle lighting.

Family pictures were taken after the ceramony, by family groops. No big group, but a bunch of small ones. "Oh! We forgot to get a picture with the groom's children!"


I got may tips on how I could open a cake decorating or photography buisness. (I have only taken one class and I have owned this camera for lass than a month!)

There was an insident with my dad, sister, and my daughter that made my sister turn as red as her dress.

I appreciated the ballroom dancing lesson provided at the reception.

And my daughter learned how to dance. This was CRAZY cute.




And now some random pics from the wedding.


One of my aunts and her grandaughter.


My grandfather was trying to talk another uncle into giving the toast
(My grandfather was the best man)
Oh and the shaggy guy? He's my cosin.


Yummm cake!
(The only thing she would eat from the reception.)


I am not really sure what she is doing...

No comments: