Friday, May 28, 2010

Texas (pt 2)

OK

This was how Oklahoma greeted me...



a partly sunny sky! My ideal driving conditions!

And...

Road Construction. Not so much for ideal driving conditions.

Most of Oklahoma seemed like it was under construction. I think the most anoying parts was the "ghost construction." (at least that is what I call it).

You know when they warn you
Construction ahead
Fines double in work zones
They slow you down to 55 or 60.

You drive, expecting construction to pop up any moment.

And there are no signs of construction.

Maybe an orange cone or two.

Then after driving for 10ish miles there is the "end construction" sign.

Ummm, What construction?

At least Naomi had a good time. I decided we would eat in the car to ensure any moment we spent out of the car she could spend running around.


We made a stop in Saginaw, TX for the night. We have some friends from newton who recently moved there. They were awesome enough to take in Naomi and me for the evening. We were even treated to a school play.


It was about bugs. It was adorable! And Naomi LOVED it! The boy in green is the youngest son who was in the play. He was an Army Ant. He did a great job! And he was quite the ham.


The same evening this young lady was inducted into the junior Honor Society! Way to go!



And I had to take a picture of the middle son. He got to stay at home.

I was quite blessed to be able to stay with these friends. thanks meg for giving up your room and bed for me. We are very appreciative!

The next morning I hit the road again. sadly I got lost in down town Fort Worth and then ended up driving 15-20 miles in the wrong direction. But finally...

two stops, a McDonald's later, and 5 hours later (it was only supposed to take me 3)

I reached my destination...
Huntsville, TX

Home of the Sam Huston Bobcats!

I met up with my family, we checked in to the hotel and then we vegged. while Naomi trashed explored the room.


(Stay tuned! Part 3 is on the way!)

No comments: